Chongga Rice Cake (Sliced Type) 500g
Tteokguk or Ddeokguk is a soup made with sliced rice cakes. Enjoy authentic Korean soup at home.
Tteokguk, Korean Rice Cake Soup, or Dduk Guk (떡국) is a traditional soup eaten on Korean New Year's Day. Soothing, simple, and easy to make, this white soup symbolises a fresh start to the year and its round rice "coins" represent the prosperity and wealth of the year to come.
Tteokguk usually in beef broth. The rice cake used for this soup is garaetteok sliced rice cake, which is unsweetened and shaped like a long cylinder.
How to use
1. Soak rice cakes in cold water for several hours. Rinse and reserve.
2. Bring broth and water to a boil and add a tablespoon of soy sauce. Season with pepper.
3. Add rice cakes and lower the heat to a simmer. Cook rice cakes until tender, for about 10 minutes.
4. Taste for saltiness and add more soy sauce if needed. Ladle into individual bowls.
5. Add strips of egg and seaweed. Garnish with scallions.
6. Enjoy Hot Tteokguk, Korean Rice Cake Soup.
※ This product uses sake to prevent quality deterioration, and because it contains an antioxidant to prevent oxidation, the smell of sake may be strong.
Not only to eliminate the smell of alcohol, soak it in cold water for several hours before cooking and expose it to cold water before cooking.
Per 100g (prepared):